Egg rolls have come a long way. They have become a popular food to create even in your own kitchen. You can wrap up anything from meats, cheeses, veggies to even fruit.
By Roberta Pipito
I am in love with guacamole and I have seen people make these but everyone makes their guac differently, so I figured I would give it a try with my own. To go along with the egg roll I made a Chipolte Sauce. If you would like you can also add some queso fresco to the mix.
- 6 Cups of Canola Oil or Vegetable
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- 3 Avocados
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of ½ of a Lemon
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, diced (you don’t have to roast your red pepper)
- ½ of a Purple Onion, diced
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves, minced
- ¼ Cup of Cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- In medium pot place oil on medium heat. (tip: you can use the handle of a wooden spoon to see if your oil is ready it will start to bubble around the sides when you place it in the oil). In a medium bowl place avocados, onion, red pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, cilantro and smash everything up to the consistency that you like,
- Next lay out the wonton wrappers in a diamond. With a brush (or you finger) brush some of the egg wash on the edge of the wrapper to make them seal. Put about 2 – 3 tablespoonfuls of guacamole in the middle of the wrapper. Fold corner over mixture, and then fold outside corners over the mixture. Roll firmly making a tight little package and seal the final edge with egg wash.