Made with Chantilly cream, this fresh dessert is best served in a meringue with a glass of sparkling wine.
By Valentina Mariani
On the menu in the amazing restaurant The Refinery in London, a one-of-a-kind place in the city where you can find the perfect treat, from creative cocktails to boutique beers and fine wines.
Here lunchtimes can be as quick or as languid as you like, and this is the perfect dessert for the ones who love sweet and fresh flavors.
It’s quite easy to prepare and it is a perfect dessert after a dinner. Accompanied with white sparking wine or champagne, or with a bitter, everyone will love it, from children to adults aged more refined palates.
- Chantilly cream x 100g (3.5 ounces)
- Strawberry puree x 50g (1.7 ounces)
- Chopped strawberries x 120g (4.2 ounces)
- 1 large meringue nest
- a handful of mint leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, break up the meringue and stir in the rest of the ingredients apart from the mint and the gently fold together.
- Serve on a large plate sprinkled with torn mint leaves and enjoy .