Made with creamy avocados these rich chocolate truffles are a perfect snack or sweet for your Valentine.
By Sharon Lachendro
If I told you my kids LOVE these avocado truffles would you believe me? Because it’s totally true. They pretty much devour them as fast as they can. And I don’t blame them, they’re really good. They also don’t know they’re full of healthy avocado so it’s pretty much a mom-win for me.
These bad boys are made with avocado as the base and they’re mixed with some chocolate to make them oh, so tasty. I’m not going to call these a health food per say, I’m not a nutritionist. But I will say these are a better choice for a snack than traditional truffles.
So if you have a little hankering for something sweet, these would be a good choice. They might even become your new favorite sweet.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1½ C dairy free chocolate chips (may be dark chocolate or milk chocolate if dairy is not an issue)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- ½ C shredded coconut
- Remove the avocado from the skins and remove the pits. Place the avocado in a food processor and pulse until the avocado is completely smooth. Set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a large microwave safe bowl and melt at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate chips really well. If they're not completely melted, continue to melt the chocolate chips at 50% power for 15 seconds, stirring after each heating.
- When the chocolate is melted, stir in the avocado, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix until completely combined then refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- When the mixture is chilled, use a tablespoon to scoop and then roll into round truffles and immediately roll the truffles in the coconut. Store truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.