Avocado is puréed in a blender alongside cucumbers, Greek yogurt, lime, and garlic, for a refreshing chilled soup.
By Mariela Alvarez Toro
The grassiness of the avocado is highlighted by the lime juice and brightened by the addition of cilantro. The yogurt coats you mouth, making every bite velvety smooth and decadent.
- ½ large Florida avocado, or 1 california avocado, cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup cold water
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 substantial pinch of salt
- Pine nuts (as many as you want)
- Cilantro (several leaves should be enough)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Place all ingredients in a blender over medium high speed. Puree until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Adjust as necessary. Serve into small bowls and garnish with pine nuts, cilantro, and olive oil. Eat immediately. Enjoy!