Use this invigorating syrup to liven up any cocktail or drink for a nice refreshing taste explosion.
By Danielle Johnson
If you truly love fun and simple recipes that make a big impact on your health, this drink is for you. My Apple Cider Vinegar Blueberry And Ginger Shrub is made with wild blueberries, fresh grated ginger, honey and raw apple cider vinegar. All the ingredients combined make a syrup that can be used to flavor soda water or cocktails.
A shrub is a vinegared syrup that was popular during the American Colonial Era. This drinking vinegar can be infused with fruit, herbs and spices and was commonly used in cocktails. My version helps promote youthful skin and a vibrant, healthy body.
Not only does the raw apple cider vinegar enhance the sweetness of the fruit, it’s cost-effective and packed with many health benefits.
This shrub will also go a long way and last months in your refrigerator. I like to add a few tablespoons to sparkling water for a fresh, bubbly drink. It’s also delicious added to champagne for a mimosa.
- 1 cup of wild blueberries, fresh or frozen (regular are okay too)
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup of honey
- ½ tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend until liquefied (about 1 min).
- Pour into a glass jar and place in fridge for 1-2 days before serving. Over time the vinegar flavor will lessen.
- Serve about 2 tablespoons with a cup of soda water. Use as much or as little shrub in your drink as you like.