Pineapple, mango and avocado salsa with crunch from the red onions, a little heat from minced jalapeno and a generous drizzle of lemon juice.
By Sukanya Ghosh
It is colorful and vibrant, it speaks of warm sunshine and light summery days and going by the rules of color therapy, you should dig into it right away because it is good for you, and for your mind, body and soul.
- 1 : Pineapple (peeled, cored, chopped into bits)
- 1 : Mango (sweet and tart; peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1: Avocado (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1: jalapeno (seed removed; minced)
- ½ cup : Red onion (minced or very finely chopped)
- 5-6 : Grape tomatoes (seed removed; chopped)
- 1: Lemon
- ½ cup: Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and cut all the fruits as mentioned. For a nice presentation and uniform texture, try to cut all the fruits in equal dimensions.
- In a big bowl, add the cut fruits, the minced jalapeno, minced onions, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Squeeze a generous drizzle of lemon juice. I have used half lemon for the recipe.
- Dash of salt and pepper if you wish so.
- Give it a gentle stir and cover. Let the flavors to mingle with each other.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on your favourite tortilla chips.
- This salsa is also a good accompaniment for any meat dishes, try it with chicken or lamb burgers.