Pineapple, mango and avocado salsa with crunch from the red onions, a little heat from minced jalapeno and a generous drizzle of lemon juice.
- 1 : Pineapple (peeled, cored, chopped into bits)
- 1 : Mango (sweet and tart; peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1: Avocado (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1: jalapeno (seed removed; minced)
- ½ cup : Red onion (minced or very finely chopped)
- 5–6 : Grape tomatoes (seed removed; chopped)
- 1: Lemon
- ½ cup: Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Wash and cut all the fruits as mentioned. For a nice presentation and uniform texture, try to cut all the fruits in equal dimensions.
- In a big bowl, add the cut fruits, the minced jalapeno, minced onions, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Squeeze a generous drizzle of lemon juice. I have used half lemon for the recipe.
- Dash of salt and pepper if you wish so.
- Give it a gentle stir and cover. Let the flavors to mingle with each other.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled on your favourite tortilla chips.
- This salsa is also a good accompaniment for any meat dishes, try it with chicken or lamb burgers.
you do not want to use tomatoes at all, then replace it with red bell pepper. Pineapple was sweet, so there was no sugar added. But depends upon your taste, you can add it. Salt and pepper are not mandatory. Avocado should be at perfect ripe stage.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Category: Side