Use this sauce as starter for noodles, pastas or as a spread for sandwiches or in some flavored rice. All these options taste awesome.
By Preethi Vemu
- Red chillies, finely chopped - 1.5C
- Tomato, chopped - 1C
- Onion, finely chopped - ½ C
- Spring onion, finely chopped - ½ C
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Soya Sauce - 1 Tbsp
- Salt - 1 Tsp or to taste
- Sugar - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard oil - 1 Tbsp
- Heat the oil in a deep and thick bottomed pan.
- Sauté the onions and spring onions together till they are both cooked.
- Add the tomatoes and chopped chilli pieces to this and continue heating on a low flame, till all the ingredients are cooked.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and soya sauce over these and mix well.
- Now add the sugar and salt to this and let this simmer for another 10 min, or till the liquid from the ingredients evaporates.
- Let these vegetables cool and pulse them in a mixer-grinder or in a blender till all the ingredients form into a smooth paste.
- Store in an airtight and dry container for up to a month in the fridge.