This vegan chocolate pudding is a thick, decadent texture and so rich thanks to avocado, tahini and super creamy oat milk.
Our circles are filled with family and friends that are avoiding dairy, allergic or have chosen a vegan lifestyle so we are constantly trying to revamp our favorite recipes so that everyone can dig in. Case in point, our decadent chocolate pudding, but this time ditching the cream and eggs.
We had the opportunity recently to try a new dairy-free, milk-like drink called Oatly. Oatly is made from oats and is super creamy and delicious. We’ve especially fallen in love with their Barista Edition. Not only does it foam up perfectly for coffee drinks, but it’ great for dessert and baking. Plus, it has no funky ingredeints. We’re on board!
This milk gave our pudding the perfect creamy flavor and a smooth, thick texture that we want in any chocolate-loaded dessert. It has seriously made us rethink ever using regular cream in our pudding again. Check out the other cool dairy-free foods Oatly makes here. You’re about to fall in love.
Disclosure: We were not compensated for this post. We were however provided with free Oatly product to make this recipe. To be honest, we really just love this stuff!
- 1 cup Oatly Oat Drink Barista Edition
- 1 tablespoon Instant espresso powder
- 1¼ cups vegan dark or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ of a large avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- a pinch of sea salt, plus more for garnish
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, bring espresso powder and Oatly milk to a simmer.
- Pour over chopped chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds. Then whisk until chocolate begins to melt.
- In a blender or food processor, combine chocolate-oat milk mixture, avocado, tahini and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a container or jars you will serve in. Allow to chill in the fridge for 1 hour or more.
- Before serving, top with flakes of sea salt.