What is better than a grilled cheese? A double grilled cheese paired with a perfect glass of wine.
On a cozy night in there is nothing better than making a great grilled cheese sandwich. SIMI Winery’s Executive Chef Kolin Vazzoler’s, set out to find the perfect wine and grilled cheese pairing.
His sandwich warms you with its extra-cheese loaded formula and then SIMI’s Sauvignon Blanc cuts through the fat and cools things off while refreshing the palate. Go back and forth, a bite, then a sip and you’re sure to be in comfort food heaven. It’s as simple as that!
Allow the crispness of the wine to liven up a gooey grilled cheese like you’ve never experienced before. Plus, SIMI’s wine is so affordable, grilled cheese and wine just became our go-to happy meal!
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese, extra sharp
- 4 slices of fontina cheese
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat broiler in oven.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat and then add slices of bread. Toast for about 1 minute then top with 1 slice of cheddar to each slice of bread.
- Continue to toast till the cheese is slightly melted. Adjust heat as needed to prevent burning the bread while cheese is melting.
- Sandwich each pair of bread slices with the cheese in the middle and then top with 1 slice of fontina cheese to each sandwich.
- Place under the broiler to melt the fontina till bubbly and slightly golden brown. Let rest for 30 seconds before eating!
- Enjoy with a glass of SIMI Sauvignon Blanc to round out your palate