This warm sandwich with the kick of sweet hot mustard and pepper jack cheese is nothing short of a mouth-watering breakfast, or even lunch.
By Rebecca Doser
I enjoy the free time I have during winter to experiment with new breakfast recipes using leftovers such as the ham. This warm sandwich with the kick of sweet hot mustard and pepper jack cheese is nothing short of a mouth-watering breakfast, or even lunch. Try it out! This grilled cheese sandwich is kicked up a notch with homemade Ukrainian bread, crispy ham and a sweet hot mustard.
- 2 pieces of paska (or any type of bread you desire)
- Butter or butter substitute
- 1-2 slices of pepper jack cheese
- 1 egg, fried
- ½ tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Hickory Farms sweet hot mustard
- 2-3 slices of ham
- Place two pans on the stove with a bit of butter in each. In one pan, fry an egg over medium heat. In the other, cook slices of ham on medium heat until crispy.
- Meanwhile, lay two slices of paska (or bread of choice) on a cutting board. Spread each with mustard, and place one piece of pepper jack cheese on one slice (or both if you really love cheese!) Then remove ham from pan and place on each piece of paska. Once egg is fried, remove from pan and place on one slice. Top the egg with thyme. Lay one slice atop the other and spread the outsides of each piece of paska with butter.
- In one of the frying pans add the sandwich and press down for two minutes with a spatula or other cooking utensil. After two minutes, flip the sandwich over and brown for another two minutes. Cut sandwich in half and bon appétit!