If food is meant to be alluring, tempting and seductive, then this dish nails those desires.
By Priya Mahadevan
Colorful Quinoa Kichdi
If food is meant to be alluring, tempting and seductive, then this dish nailed those desires. As simple as it was to prepare, I am classifying this as an anytime treat - This was one of the first dishes I made with my home grown veggies, and I realize I have over 20 recipes that I need to catch up on, what with the pickling, saucing and chutney-ing of all the tomatoes growing in the garden. This dish has exactly what you see in it - veggies, quinoa, and chives blossoms for decoration. A healthy one pot meal and a wonderful alternative to rice - so if you have some veggies around and quinoa in your pantry, whatchya waiting for.
Author: Priya Mahadevan
Recipe Type: Entree, Breakfast
- For this you need
- 1.5 cups of yellow Quinoa
- veggies of your choice - I used
- bell peppers (orange and yellow),
- green peas,
- chives blossoms and fresh sage leaves for garnish -
- green chilies for heating things up.
- 1table spoon of olive oil for sauteeing
- Steam cook the quinoa; sautee the veggies; mix them together in a pan with the heat on - allow them to blend for 2-3 minutes and then serve hot.