If you’re also looking for a dessert that’s a little less naughty than usual, try these tasty chocolate meringues.
By Eleanor Jones
Author: Eleanor Jones
Recipe Type: Dessert
- 3 egg whites
- 50g plain chocolate, grated
- 150g golden caster sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp cocoa
- Preheat your oven to 140C.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and you can tip the bowl upside down over your head without getting egg-shampooed.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Gently(!) fold in the chocolate and sifted cocoa, being careful to keep as much air in the mixture as possible.
- Pipe or spoon your meringues onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, and put them in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, with the meringues still inside, and leave them to cool.
- Once the meringues are cooled, carefully peel them from the greaseproof paper, and enjoy!