An incredibly fluffy, warm, light loaf of sweet and toasted flavors. Perfect anytime of day… even as a midnight snack with a glass of milk or warm cup of tea.
By Abby Himes
This Banana Bread is my out-stretched hand to buckwheat, a simple hello with a warm smile, I’d like to get to know you better. I mixed it in with a familiar recipe, but one that I thought the nutty flavor would pair well with.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the all purpose flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, ground flax seed and salt.
- In the mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and finally the bananas.
- With the mixer on the lowest speed, add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients a little at a time. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides, and mix one final time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and back for 50-60 minutes. Test the loaf around 45-50 minutes with a knife to see if it comes out clean, if so it's done! Let cool on a wire rack and store leftovers in the fridge.