Simple and warm is often best in the winter. Start with quality bratwurst and you are on the right track to a great meal topped off with mustard and a pint.
By Sonja Bradfield
A quick and easy dinner thrown together in minutes, I often think that simple is best, especially when the ingredients you work with are of such high quality. Serve this with a dollop of whole grain mustard and a pint.
- 4 bratwurst links
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 pound of fingerling potatoes
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup of lager
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- whole grain mustard to serve
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub a 9 by 13½ inch casserole dish with the teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place the bratwurst and fingerling potatoes evenly throughout the dish. Cover the links and potatoes with the slices of onion.
- Pour the lager into the casserole and sprinkle the salt over the dish.
- Place the dish into the oven and bake for an hour, stir the contents of the dish halfway through.
- Serve with mustard and beer.