Sweet meets salty. Swine meets cookie. Heavenly perfection.
By Robin Runner
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies topped with Sea Salt
Sweet meets salty. Heavenly perfection.
Author: Robin Gambino Runner
Recipe Type: Cookie, Dessert, Treat
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup of butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces of Guittard Super Cookie Chips or regular dark chocolate chips
- 4-6 strips of cooked, cooled and crumbled pieces of smoked bacon
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- In your stand mixer, paddle attached, cream butter and sugars.
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture, blend.
- Blend well.
- By hand, stir in the chocolate chips and bacon.
- Drop rounded cookie dough onto your baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of sea salt on top of each cookie dough ball.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool and then store in a container with a lid.