These delicious lemon cookies are the perfect food to get you out of a winter funk and into the spring mindset.
By Stephanie Beadle
It’s almost spring! Which means days of below zero wind chills are going to be behind us soon. I wanted to make a lighter but delicious batch of cookies to celebrate instead of the heavy chocolate or peanut butter cookies that I usually make. Lemon anything is easily my favorite dessert type, so why not mix lemon and sugar to make a delicious cookie!
These cookies are the perfect food to get you out of a winter funk and into the spring mindset!
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (or regular salt)
- Wet Ingredients:
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter or Coconut Oil
- 1 Egg White
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Zest
- Juice from ½ Lemon (about 1 Tablespoon)
- Add all dry ingredients to a medium size bowl. Whisk together to combine.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar with butter.
- Add egg white and vanilla, mix well.
- Add juice from half of a lemon and zest. Mix to combine.
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients about 1 cup at a time.
- Stir to combine well.
- Roll into 1.5-2" diameter balls
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until lightly browned at edges.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and enjoy!