SPONSORED STORY – BROUGHT TO YOU BY CASTELLO ALPS SELECTION
Shuchi Mittal with an untraditional, decadent and very cheesy take on the classic dhokla.
By Shuchi Mittal
“If cheese is good
Two is swell,
Castello makes moments
And stories you’d tell.
Simple smoky Classic
Or Hirten with caramel & pine,
Weissbier may be the one
If you enjoy melting flavors fine.
Enjoy with a red
Or that white so crisp,
Have friends over
Or take along on a camping trip.
From the Alpine slopes
They travel far for you,
Get creative – eat, cook, share
And build a cheesy legacy new.”
Who doesn’t love cheese? And when the cheese is as good as Castello, good times just melt away.
Fresh from the picturesque Alps, the Castello Alps Selection cheeses pack a variety of flavors in a nutty Classic, melting Weissbier and the rich Hirten. Delicious with wine, compellingly satisfying when you crave the perfect grilled cheese sandwich and versatile enough for a late night culinary experiment, you will wonder where it all disappeared.
But those crumbs on your lips may just give your little secret away.
Win a Castello Alps Selection cheese tasting for you and your friends – enter below!
Win a Castello Alps Selection Cheese Tasting
- ½ cup grated Castello Classic cheese
- ½ cup grated Castello Weissbier cheese
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ½ cup water (more if required)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or any mixed Indian masala)
- ¼ teaspoon asafetida powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 dried red chilli
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Castello Classic & Weissbier cheese
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the cakes, except the cheese. The batter should be slightly thinner than a pancake batter, so add more water if required. Keep aside for 30-40 minutes.
- In the meantime, grease a baking dish or ramekins and pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Once the batter has rested for a while, mix the cheese in, and distribute into the ramekins/baking dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes, till a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. While the cakes are baking, prepare the tempering. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add the red chili and cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to splutter, add the mustard seeds. Cook for a few seconds till the mustard seeds also start to splutter. Turn off the heat and stir in the salt & paprika.
- Top the cakes with a tablespoon of the tempered mixture, grated cheese and fresh coriander. Serve hot. A cheesy, gluten free savory cake that will leave you asking for more!
This article is part of Castello Moments, a collaboration between Honest Cooking and Arla Foods USA.