These are perfect – not so frozen so they’ll give you head freeze, and perfectly balanced.
By Reena Pastakia
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- Slice of lime
- Ice cubes - enough to ¾ fill the glass
- 2 shots of tamarind cordial (50 ml)
- 1 shot of silver tequila (25 ml)
- 1 shot of triple sec (25ml)
- 1 shot of lime juice (25ml)
- Place the salt and chilli powder in a dish and mix well.
- Rub half of the rim of the glass with the slice of lime.
- Dip the rim of the glass in the dish with the salt and chilli powder.
- Place the ice and tequila into a blender and process until the ice is crushed.
- Now add the remaining ingredients and process for a few seconds to mix the cocktail. The ice should now be slushy.
- Empty the contents into the glass.
- Serve and enjoy.