A refreshing sparkling juice made with stone fruit and pear puree for a sweet sip of summertime.
Fresh peaches, pears and apricots add a fruity sweetness to the traditionally tart lemonade. A refreshing drink which can be whipped up rather quickly to enjoy on hot summer days.
If I could pick one word to describe this peach lemonade it will be REFRESHING!!!! It is that drink you want to sip slowly on a hot summer day. Whilst sitting in the garden and soaking up some summer sunshine.
This recipe starts off with a fruit puree base. Peaches, pears, apricots are cooked with sugar and water over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until fruit is soft. The mixture is then blitzed in a blender. Chill fruit puree in fridge. Get a pitcher, fill with ice and then mix in fresh lemon juice and fruit puree. Finally top with sparkling water. Sugar can be swapped with any sweetener of your choice. A splash of rum or vodka and transform this peach, pear and apricot lemonade into a cocktail for the adults.
- 10 lemons, juiced
- 3 peaches
- 3 pears
- 5 apricots
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 200 g (1 cup ) sugar
- 720 m (3 cups) sparkling water
- Peel peaches, pear and apricots. Pit the peaches and apricots, then cut fruit into chunks. Combine fruit chunks with 240 ml of water and sugar in a pan over medium heat.
- Leave fruits to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour fruit mixture into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Leave fruit puree in fridge to chill. Pour into a glass jug. Whisk in lemon juice and sparkling water.
- Chill in fridge and when ready serve with ice cubes.