PARTNER POST: We’ve teamed up with Bonne Maman to bring you the best homemade breakfast and brunch recipes to show Mom you care this Mother’s Day and all spring long.
A perfect breakfast treat, serve these special ricotta and strawberry stuffed pretzels warm, right out of the oven, at your next weekend brunch.
I can’t wait until Mother’s Day and this recipe is perfect for such a celebration. It’s so fun to create and so scrumptious that it makes the perfect addition to any Sunday brunch.
You can test this recipe this weekend, and then surprise your Mom with a delicious homemade breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day.
She deserves the very best!
Who wouldn’t love to wake up to the enticing aroma of freshly brewed coffee, sizzling fried eggs, and oven warm pretzels?!? And I’m not talking about just any average pretzels. But one of these heart-shaped, sweet and savory, soft and kinda gooey pretzels, filled with a scrumptious mix of ricotta and strawberry preserve.
I’m sure you can’t wait until Mother’s Day to try and taste this.
For this recipe, I’m using store bought pizza dough, so it’s a little quicker to whip it up. But you are welcome to prepare it from scratch, ideally the evening before, so it has time to rise overnight. Here is a recipe for homemade dough.
For the filling I’m using Bonne Maman strawberry preserve. It perfectly combines with the delicate flavor of the ricotta cheese, and salt-sprinkled soft pretzel around it.
Bonne Maman is by far my favorite brand of fruit preserve. It’s super delicious no matter what flavor I choose. It really tastes like homemade, and that’s because it’s prepared with high quality fruit and natural ingredients.
Make sure to check out Bonne Maman’s sweepstakes for a chance to win a 12-piece Le Creuset cookware set and more.
And if you look at the label, you’d find that Bonne Maman preserves are Non-GMO Project Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial coloring and no preservatives added. Simply perfect!
For another recipe idea, check out these strawberry muffins.
Click here for the written recipe.
- 13.8 oz, 390 gr (1 can) of refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon of water
- ¼ cup (50 gr) of baking soda
- 4 tablespoons of Bonne Maman strawberry preserve
- 4 tablespoons of ricotta cheese (I used whole milk)
- 1 egg, beaten with one tablespoon of water
- sea salt for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 425°F ( 220°C).
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly floured surface into a 16x16 inch (40x40 cm) square.
- Cut the dough into 4 strips (each about 4x16 inch = 10x40 cm)
- Spread one tablespoon of strawberry preserve onto the long edge of each strip.
- Top with a tablespoon of ricotta cheese.
- Fold the dough covering the filling.
- Brush the edges with a little bit of water, and seal.
- Shape the pretzels into a heart as shown in my picture.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Carefully add the baking soda and mix until dissolved.
- Dip each pretzel one at a time into the water, using a large spatula (possibly flat and with holes). Let it stay in the water for about 15 seconds. Don't wait too long or your pretzel will fall apart
- Remove from the water, let it drain and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown.