A crisp winter salad, rich in colors and flavors. The dates and vinaigrette are the special ingredients of this recipe that makes for a perfect side dish or snack.
photos by G. Giustolisi
- 400 g (14 oz) winter salad (radicchio, iceberg lettuce...)
- 50 g (2 oz) pine nuts
- 50 g (2 oz) dried pitted dates
- For the vinaigrette
- 1 tangerine
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pepper, to taste (preferably freshly ground)
- Clean, wash and coarsely chop the salad leaves.
- In a skillet, toast the pine nuts.
- Cut the dates coarsely.
- Squeeze the tangerine and mix with balsamic vinegar. Pour the olive oil and emulsify.
- Add salt, pepper. Season the salad and serve.