If you can get your hands on arugula then please use it instead of basil for this recipe. That said, basil tastes pretty good too.
By Pallavi Gupta
Its a super fast & an easy preparation – give it a go and let me know if you like the flavors, because if you do…I will try to come up with more recipes in the future with combinations like this.
Author: Pallavi Gupta
Recipe Type: Side
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- Mix both ingredients in a non reactive metal pan.
- On medium low cook till the mixture reduces into a thick sauce. Let cool at room temperature.
- Goat cheese
- 1 ripe mango, cut into bite size dices
- ½ loaf french baguette, cut into slices
- some basil leaves
- Toast the baguette in the oven for 2 minutes till the bread gets a little bite.
- Generously smear goat cheese on the baguette slices.
- Top the crostini with few pieces of mango.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction and garnish the crostini with fresh basil leaves. Serve right away.
Originally Published: May 30, 2013