Light, soft, and full of bright lime flavor, this cake is easy to make in just one hour.
By Jessica Dady
Can you believe that I managed to make, bake and decorate this loaf all in my hour lunch break? (the perks of working from home!) I’ve never actually made a lime cake before – I always opt for a classic lemon but this time I broke the boundaries and made this beauty – a lime and almond loaf. It’s just delightful, honest. Light, soft and full of… lime!
- 5oz plain flour
- 1oz ground almonds
- 6oz butter
- 6oz caster sugar
- ½tsp baking powder
- 2 med eggs
- zest of 1 lime (leave a pinch of zest for decoration)
- juice of ½ a lime
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- juice of ½ a lime.
- Preheat the oven 180C/350F/Gas mark 4 and line a small loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk all of the ingredients together with an electric hand whisk until smooth and combined.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden and springy to touch. Leave to cool.
- Make the icing by mixing the icing sugar and lime juice together to make a paste and drizzle over the top of the cooled loaf. Sprinkle with leftover zest and serve.