Learn about the make the most iconic drink of the season at home and save yourself a trip to coffee shop.
By Kankana Saxena
- 1-1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks or 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon grounded cloves
- 2 to 3 star anise
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 cups strong brewed coffee
- ½ cup half and half
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin spiced syrup
- To make the syrup, mix all the ingredients listed under syrup and bring it to a boil. Once done, let it simmer at a medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Switch off the heat and once it cools down to room temperature, you can store it in an airtight jar. It will stay good in the refrigerator for weeks! (This makes about 2 cups of syrup)
- In a saucepan, mix coffee, pumpkin spiced syrup and heat it. Once done, keep it aside.
- To make the latte, pour the milk, half & half and heat it (not boil). Divide it into 4 coffee mugs and using a handy frother, create milk froth on all the cups. You can try with a small whisk if you don't have the frother. It will not create a perfect froth but it will make it airy and create a small layer of froth on top.
- Pour the pumpkin spiced coffee in each of the mugs and if you wish, top it with some whipped cream.
- Dust cinnamon powder on top and sip!