This super easy and flavorful Easy Lemon-Asparagus Pasta recipe is filled with lemony flavors and asparagus and is extremely light. It’s a perfect weeknight family meal and also makes a great meal-prep recipe too.
This super quick Lemon Asparagus Pasta with Peas and Tomatoes is on top of our list for delicious and hassle-free weeknight meals.
It’s what I call, filled with flavors, easy to make and I usually prep a big batch and keep in the fridge
Whether its a simple tossed spaghetti or with added meatballs or just a quick shrimp pasta, whatever be it, carbs definitely helps calm those stressed nerves and hungry tummy.
But what if you want to have pasta and also be low-carb ? Well, I recently found Glutenfree Chickpea past and seriously, I’ve not looked back since then!
Once, the ingredients are there, the recipe comes together in 25 minutes.
- 1 Bunch Uncooked Pasta - i’m using glutenfree fettuccine
- 3 Cups Water - to cook pasta
- 1 Large Lemon - juice it and keep some rind too
- 1 Cup Chopped Asparagus - discard the brown part and chop the green stems
- ¼ Cup Frozen peas - optional
- ¼ Cup Baby Tomatoes - optional
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter - optional*
- 1 Tsp Herbed Olive Oil - optional**
- ¼ Tbsp Chili Flakes
- Salt - as per taste
- ¼ Tsp Italian Seasoning
- Cook the pasta as per package.
- Strain the cooked pasta and keep ½ cup pasta water aside.
- Add 1Tsp Olive oil on cooked pasta and toss it nicely.
- Keep aside.
- Heat a large pan/skillet
- Add olive oil, butter and Mix well.
- Now, add asparagus, peas and saute to mix everything.
- Let this cook on medium-high heat for 1 minute.
- Now add the seasoning and baby tomatoes.
- Saute everything.
- Add lemon juice and lemon rind and saute everything together.
- Lower the heat and add cheese, cashew milk and pasta water (if using).
- Saute everything once and add the pasta. Let this cook on medium heat for a 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp ‘Herbed Oil’ if using and Mix everything using tongs (you can use large forks to mix too).
- Turn off the heat.
- Transfer the Lemon Asparagus Pasta with peas and tomatoes to serving bowls.