Indulge in this cheesy comfort food. With rich emmental cheese and white wine, you will feel like a sophisticated adult as you eat this baked pasta that has strayed from the traditional childhood dish.
By Jules Clancy
- 1 onion
- ½ cup white wine
- 200g (7oz) cheese, grated (my favourite is a combo of emmental, gruyere and raclette).
- 200g (7oz) short pasta
- 2 tablespoon double cream
- Preheat oven to 180C and get a pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Meanwhile cook onion in a little oil over a medium low heat until soft but not browned. Add the wine and allow to simmer and reduce for a few minutes.
- Cook pasta until almost tender (al dente). Drain well and return to the pot.
- Quickly stir in onion mixture, ⅔s of the cheese and the cream. Divide between two oven proof dishes. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.