A simple three ingredient dessert with coconut cream, dark chocolate, and hazelnut butter that is super rich with a fun tang from pomegranate seeds.
By Katie Oberwager
This dessert is made with only three natural ingredients! Just coconut cream, dark chocolate and hazelnut butter. It is seriously rich, so don’t be fooled by the small amount per serving when you divide it into four cups. But trust me when I say that you will fall in love immediately!
- 1 14 ounce can of full fat coconut cream
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate (~60% cocoa)
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnut butter
- toppings: whipped coconut cream, pomegranate seeds, chopped hazelnuts
- Chill your can of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Flip the can upside down, open, and pour the coconut water off (save for smoothies!).
- Spoon the coconut cream into a large bowl.
- Microwave chocolate in 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Add to coconut cream and beat until light and fluffy (like whipped cream).
- Divide into four small cups or ramekins (you can add it to a small plastic bag, cut the corner and pipe the mousse into the cups if you'd like).
- Top with whipped coconut cream, pomegranate seeds, and chopped hazelnuts.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to a day. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour before serving.
If you can't find hazelnut butter, place roasted hazelnuts in a food processor and process until they turn into a smooth butter.