These chicken ceasar sliders are easy to prepare, can be eaten hold or cold and are suitable for both laid back TV-dinners or as a party food that’ll please everyone.
By Denise Kortlever
There’s a new slider in town – and it’s a very good one too:
When I was making a quick Caesar salad (with a very easy, lick-your-fingers dressing), I imagined that it would be nice to combine this with grilled chicken and some bread rolls. It was that simple and so these Chicken Caesar Sliders were born. They are easy to prepare, can be eaten hold or cold and are suitable for both laid back TV-dinners or as a party food that’ll please everyone. This dressing may not be the original Caesar dressing, it’s way faster to make and at least as good. You can also add some cooked egg and/or bacon to the sliders, but I prefer them exactly this way.
- 8 small bread rolls
- 3 chicken breasts (skinless, boneless)
- olive oil
- 2 handfuls of shaved Parmesan cheese
- lettuce leaves
- 6-9 anchovies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- a splash of Worcester sauce
- Season the chicken breasts and brush with olive oil.
- Grill chicken until done. Cut in slices.
- Spread half of the Caesar dressing on each bun, add lettuce leaves and grilled chicken.
- Add shaved parmesan and remaining Caesar dressing. Cover with upper halves and serve.
- In a small bowl crush the cloves of garlic with a fork. Remove most of the garlic pieces from the bowl.
- Finely chop the anchovies and add them to the bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and Worcester sauce.
- Add water to thin a little and salt & pepper to taste.