Revamp the tequila sunrise to create a delicious concoction that is as tasty as it is pretty.
Recently I decided to test out an extra special kind of mimosa: the Tequila Sunrise Mimosa. I saw a picture of it on FoodGawker while looking for recipe inspiration, and I was stunned by the gorgeousness of the cocktail.
Just look at it! It’s really does kind of seem like sunrise in a glass, doesn’t it?
It’s as tasty as you’d expect a mimosa to be, but with an extra bit of sweetness from grenadine and some kick from tequila. It doesn’t seem possible that the humble mimosa could be improved, but this version really is extra delicious (also super easy, did I mention that?). Try it, you’ll see!
- 1 oz tequila
- Prosecco or champagne, chilled
- Orange juice (I like Simply Orange Mango)
- Splash of grenadie
- For each rink, pour 1 oz tequila into a champagne flute.
- Fill flute about halfway with prosecco/champagne.
- Add orange juice, filling the flute until it's mostly full (I like to stop pouring when the liquid is about ¾-inch from the top of the glass).
- Top with a splash of grenadine.