Enjoy this scrumptious strawberry and goat cheese crostini recipe from twin sisters Kara and Marni Powers.
By Kara and Marni Powers
March 2nd celebrates the birthday of the creative, imaginative genius, Dr. Seuss. In reference to one of our favorite Dr. Seuss stories, The Cat in the Hat, we whip up an appetizer inspired by the fun-loving, mischievous anthropomorphic, kitty. With the image of his red and white striped top hat in mind, our striped crostini add a whimsical touch to any birthday gathering.
- 2 T EVOO
- 1 French baguette, sliced into ¼-inch biases
- 8 oz. softened goat cheese
- salt and pepper throughout
- Balsamic syrup for drizzling
- 1 c strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brush the sliced bread with EVOO, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toast in the oven for 8-10 minutes or so, until golden brown.
- Remove the toast from the oven and generously spread each slice with the goat cheese. Top with a drizzle of balsamic syrup, salt and pepper. Arrange 3 sliced strawberries on top and serve.