These sticky, sweet and Spicy Honey Glazed Skillet Shrimp are loaded with flavor and perfect for an easy weeknight dinner served with rice or phenomenal as a party appetizer. Made in one skillet, with only 8 ingredients, and ready, from prep to finish, in just 16 minutes, these shrimp belong on your table!
Spicy Honey Glazed Skillet Shrimp, a.k.a. super quick and easy, 8-ingredient, one-skillet appetizer or meal for two.
Succulent, plump shrimp coated and glistening in a sticky, sweet and spicy sauce, finished with a squeeze of acidic lime, and topped with mildly spicy jalapenos and fresh green onions, these shrimp are saucy and sublime.
Aside from tasting spectacular, these shrimp are fantastically fast to whip together. Think 16 minutes, from prep to finish, kind of fast.
Here’s how it all goes down-
Whisk together the marinade, which doubles as the sauce, and pour half of it over the shrimp. Toss the shrimp to coat and let it marinate in the refrigerator for a beat, or up to overnight if you want the full on flavor. Heat a bit of oil in a skillet, add the shrimp and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until the shrimp are half-way cooked. Add in the remaining sauce and continue cooking until the shrimp are cooked and caramelized. Finish it off by deglazing the pan with a splash of brandy (or white wine) and stir to coat the shrimp in all those delicious brown bits. Remove the pan from the heat, top with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and desired toppings.
Voilà – spicy honey glazed shrimp for your face-stuffing pleasure.
Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner with a side of rice, terrific stuffed in some tacos, stupendous on a salad, or phenomenal as party appetizer, this skillet shrimp simply belongs on your table.
- 1 Pound Large Shrimp – cleaned and peeled
- ½ heaping tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Ginger – freshly grated
- ¼ tsp Lime Zest, packed
- 2 cloves of Garlic – minced
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 TBS Honey
- ¼ tsp each Kosher Salt and Pepper
- 2 TBS Olive Oil, DIVIDED
- 1 TBS Brandy or White Wine
- Optional Garnishes: Jalapeno Slices, Thinly Sliced Scallions, Lime Wedges
- Serving Suggestions: Rice, Steamed Vegetables
- In a small bowl whisk together: cayenne, ginger, lime zest, garlic, soy sauce, honey, salt and pepper. Place shrimp in a large bowl and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to coat and then pour HALF of the honey mixture on top, reserving the other half of the honey mixture for later. Toss shrimp to coat. Transfer shrimp to the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, up to 8 hours.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to the skillet discarding their marinade. Cook the shrimp, stirring frequently to ensure even cooking, for 3 minutes. Pour in the reserved honey mixture and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are caramelized and cooked through, about 2-3 additional minutes. Add the tablespoon of brandy to deglaze pan and scrape up browned bits from bottom of the pan, tossing to coat the shrimp.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with juice from lime wedges if using and top with optional garnishes. Enjoy!