Frozen bananas give this healthy treat an ice cream-like texture, and with no fancy equipment required!
By Robin Runner
Okay the dog days of summer are here and that calls for ice cream, right? Of course!
My clean eating journey continues but that doesn’t mean I can’t have ice cream (or at least a healthier version of it). PLUS no ice cream maker required! I love that this creamy “ice cream” hits the sweet spot plus bananas are filled with fiber and potassium, cherries are a natural anti-inflammatory fruit (we can all use that) and the creaminess… oh you had me at the first spoonful. Great treat for the kids too! Also a perfect way (without making banana bread) to use up ripe bananas. Go grab your bananas and get them into your freezer~ you’ll be so happy you did!
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen for at least 12 hours
- 1 lb of cherries (frozen or fresh), pitted/stems removed
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (interior) or 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Place the frozen bananas into your Vitamix or blender until it starts to get creamy.
- Add the almond milk and cherries. Blend again, stopping and scraping the sides down as necessary.
- Then add the vanilla bean. Blend again.
- Serve immediately.