Light, buttery cookies with a hint of basil. These gluten-free delights are perfect with tea or a simple pairing with strawberry sorbet.
By Ariel Rebel
Just the perfect butter cookie texture with the delicious aroma and flavor of the basil. For everybody who had an over flow of fresh basil last summer and made my recipe for BASIL SUGAR, this is the recipe I told you so much about.
- ½ cup of soft butter
- ⅓ cup of basil sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of yellow corn flour
- ⅔ cup of tapioca starch
- ⅓ cup of cane sugar
- Pre-heat your oven at 350F, line a silpat or a parchment paper on a baking sheet. Reserve
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the soft butter with the basil sugar till you get a soft creamy paste. Whisk the eggs inside. Reserve.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together all the flours before adding them slowly to your butter and sugar mixture. Once you have a soft and silky textured cookie dough, add the last ⅓ cup of cane sugar before giving it a last good mix and form a ball.
- Roll the dough flat, use a cookie cutter to cut out cute shapes, transfer them on your baking sheet and bake your cookies for 10 minutes