There’s still time to enjoy some delicious foods on the barbecue. So fire up your grill and get ready for lip-smacking Fish Tikka Bites served on Pita with some green chutney and treat your taste buds to a carnival of flavors.
I’m a big tikka and kebab lover and they’re always on the menu when I entertain. Who can resist the slightly charred, delicious bites, bursting with flavors hot off the grill?
Fish Tikka is one of the most sought after appetizers in Indian Restaurants and with this recipe you can enjoy it in your own kitchen. I’ve used Arctic Char but Catfish or Salmon will work just fine. Just ask your fish monger to skin and cube them for you. They have to be marinated at least for 5 hours or overnight for the flavors to seep in.
Green chutney is a quintessential accompaniment to Indian appetizers and you can use either mint or coriander.I’ve used mint here since it compliments the fish tikka beautifully with its vibrant green color and robust flavor.The yoghurt and spices coat the fish cubes and the flavors intensify once they’re grilled until the edges are slightly golden and crispy. Garnish with lemon and chat masala and serve it on toasted pita with some chutney, sliced onions and salad. Enjoy.
- Pita Bread-4
- Green Chutney-3 tbsp
- Red Onion sliced-1 large
- Any mixed salad
- Lemon juice
- Chat masala
- Arctic Char (cubed)- 1 lb
- Turmeric- ½ tsp
- Red Chili powder-1 tsp
- Paprika-1 tbsp
- Ground Coriander-2 tbsp
- Garam Masala- 1 tbsp
- Crushed Ginger-1 tbsp
- Crushed Garlic-1 tbsp
- Greek Yoghurt-3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mix the fish tikka marinade in bowl and add the fish cubes.Coat evenly and let it sit in the fridge for 5 hrs or overnight.
- Heat the grill and place the tikkas on a greased foil.Cook for about 8-10 minutes flipping them gently midway until you see slightly golden edges.
- Once done sprinkle some lemon juice and chat masala.Keep aside.
- Toast the pita and cut them in any desired shape.
- Spread some green chutney.
- Top with some fish tikka, onions and salad.