A perfect dessert for spring, this bright lemon cake can be made and glazed in a flash.
Mix it all together in one bowl, bake, cool, and glaze. Not that’s the kind of dessert anyone can handle, no matter how busy you may be feeling. This lemon cake is simple, but an elegant edition to your spring spreads.
Check out the zester we used in the video! Isn’t it genius?! A cover and a little squeegee to catch and gather our precious zests. Why didn’t we think of that! Find it here.
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1¼ cup flour
- 3 ounces yogurt (we used whole milk plain yogurt, but vanilla or Greek would work as well)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- Cream together butter and sugar, until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs, lemon juice, zest, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Add in half of flour. Combine.
- Add in half of milk. Combine
- Repeat until flour and milk are gone. This should only take one additional alternation.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until cake tester comes out of the middle without any crumbs of batter.
- Remove from pan and allow cake to cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice and adjust to a pourable consistency with water or more lemon juice.
- Once the cake is cool, place on a rack with a pan underneath and douse in glaze. Enjoy!