Cooked beetroot is grated and added to coconut paste and yogurt and then seasoned with mustard, red chilies and curry leaves.
By Swathi Iyer
- 1 big (2 small) Beetroot
- 1cup Fresh grated coconut
- 2-3 green chili (if you want more spicy add one more chili)
- ¾ teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 ½ cup yogurt/curd
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¾teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 no red chili
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Peel the skin of beet root and chop into big chunks and cook with 2-3 cups of water until it is cooked well or become very soft.
- Once it is cool enough to touch, grate them finely and set aside.
- In the mean time grind the coconut with green chilies into fine paste.
- In a skillet add grated cooked beet, salt, yogurt and ground coconut chili paste and mix everything, in low flame. You can do this step without heating also.
- In another pan heat oil and add mustard seeds , red chili and curry leaves, when mustard seeds starts splutters remove from the fire and add it to beetroot yogurt mixture.
- Enjoy with rice.