This twist on the classic potato chip is crispy, sweet, tangy and salty all at once, with a bit of smokey heat that is simply irresistible.
By Carolyng Gomes
- 1 yucca, peeled
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- zest and juice of ½ lime
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ½ tbsp ground ancho
- ½ tbsp packed parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Using a mandolin slice cassava and sweet potatoes ? inch thick.
- Place chips in a bowl with avocado oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place chips in a single layer on a baking sheet fitted with silpat mat or parchment paper.
- Bake chips on each side for 7 minutes, or until crisp.
- In same bowl used before add lime juice, zest, cayenne, ancho and parsley.
- Toss hot chops in bowl with lime mixture.
- Enjoy hot.