If you like french fries — and who doesn’t? — try these zucchini fritters. The process can also be applied to eggplant.
By Sukanya Ghosh
- Zucchini (green ) : 1
- Egg : two lightly beaten
- All purpose flour : 1 cup
- Bread crumbs : ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Herbs (dried or fresh) : parsley or thyme (2 tsp if using dried) / 3-4 tsp finely chopped if using fresh
- Wash and cut the zucchini in finger size slender sticks.
- Mix the flour and salt together.
- Mix the herbs with the bread crumbs.
- Heat some oil in the pan up to the smoking point.
- Coat the zucchini sticks first in flour mixture, then dip it in the beaten egg and finally dusted it with herb and breadcrumb mixture and gently dropped it in the hot oil.
- Fry the zucchini sticks in batches until golden and crisp.
- Serve the hot zucchini fritters / fries with yogurt, sour cream or any cheese dip.