The sweetness of it balanced by a hint of the red pepper flakes at the back of the tongue. Very satisfying as much as it is filling, absolutely easy as much as it is delicious.
- 1 large Sweet potato washed and cut into ½? thick rounds
- 2 big Garlic cloves, minced
- 5-6 sprigs of fresh Thyme
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes / 1 sachet crushed red pepper (pizza accompaniment)
- ground black pepper (per taste)
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a medium-size mixing bowl, add all the ingredients sprinkling salt and ground black pepper as per your taste and toss well to coat the spices and herb onto the sweet potato rounds.
- On a large baking tray lined with quick-release aluminium foil, arrange the sweet potato rounds individually in a single layer. Oven roast the sweet potatoes placed on the top rack until tender and browned on top or about 40 mins. Check in between and more towards the end for otherwise burnt edges. Serve warm or at room temperature.