The peanut sauce makes this quinoa flavorful with its mixture of sweet and spicy. Loaded with vegetables, this salad is filling and a great lunch option to take to work.
By Taylor Kadlec
Sweet Potato Quinoa Salad with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Author: Taylor Kadlec
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 3 cups sweet potato, diced (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1½ cups sugar snap peas
- ½ head of cauliflower, chopped
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ cup thinly sliced green onions
- First, make the quinoa.
- Combine quinoa with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover, simmering until quinoa is cooked, about 12-15 minutes. I start checking mine after 10 minutes to stir and make sure the bottom isn't burning.
- While the quinoa is cooking, you can also start cooking the sweet potatoes.
- Bring large pot of water to boil. Add sweet potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- During the last 5 minutes, add the cauliflower to sweet potatoes.
- During the last 2 minutes, add the snap peas to sweet potatoes and cauliflower and blanch for 2 minutes, until bright green.
- Pour veggies into a strainer and let cool slightly.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Combine cooked quinoa with veggies and drizzle with dressing.
- Toss to evenly distribute dressing throughout veggies and quinoa.
- Top with green onions.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.