The perfect soup for the summer season. Fresh and healthy, ideal for a cozy dinner at home.
By Valentina Mariani
Be sure to use high quality, fresh ingredients to make this soup taste delicious and different from usual soups.
Receipts from Brasserie Blanc Restaurant.
- 220g (7.75 ounces) diced onion
- 30g (1 ounce) garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2.65 litres (90 ounces) of water
- 40g (1.4 ounces) fresh mint sprigs
- 20g (0.7 ounces) fresh marjoram, picked and finely chopped
- 2.2kg (4.8 pounds) of frozen peas
- 30g (1 ounce) salt
- A pinch of finely ground white pepper
- 4 sprigs of finely chopped mint
- Bring the onion, garlic, mint, marjoram and water to the boil.
- Add the frozen peas immediately and return to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and puree in a blender until smooth, in batches if necessary.
- Pass through a fine sieve.
- Re-heat until piping hot.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of finely chopped mint and serve.