Enjoy this amazing grilled cabbage, apple and tofu salad from Ariel Rebel. Fun, quick and super simple.
By Ariel Rebel
- 8 thin slices of cabbages
- 3 to 5 slices of apples, drenched in lemon juice (about ¼ of an apple total will be needed for the recipe)
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Spicy Italian Seasoning
- 4 intact mint leaves to decorate the plate
- 4 mint leaves, finely chopped for the topping
- 2 tablespoons of silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon of mayo
- ½ teaspoon of spicy Italian seasoning
- Pre-heat your oven at 400, line a parchment paper on a baking sheet and spread out 1 teaspoon of olive oil on the paper.
- Add your thin cabbage slices on your baking sheet and brush the 2 teaspoons of olive oil left on top of each one. Sprinkle and spread out the 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning on top of each slices and put your baking sheet in your pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin on your apple, slice it in half first and then make thin slices with one half. Make sure to drench each small slices in lemon juice so they don’t change color. Reserve.
- Prepare your tofu spread… Whisk all the ingredients together and spread your mixture on 2 small plates. The goal is to create a nice bed at the bottom of the plate. The spread will act as a “dressing” to mix with the cabbage and apples when it will be the time to eat the salad.
- On top of your tofu spread, add 2 intact mint leave as a garnish. Reserve.
- Once your cabbage slices are grilled, add 4 slices per plates one slightly on top of the other and from 3 to 5 apple slices on the side. There is only 3 showing in my photos but you can add more for sure if you want more of a prominent fruity taste.
- Add the freshly chopped mint leaves as a topping on top of your cabbage and voila! You have a very healthy and fairly easy to do salad that will impress your guest and only tease their palate for the main course you’ll be serving after.