This combination of Farmers’ Market fresh mint and cantaloupe is a pairing made in culinary heaven with minimal prep.
By Pooja Mottl
- 1 ½ lbs (24 oz) organic fresh, ripe cantaloupe chunks (about 2 small melons, cut)
- 20 leaves fresh mint and more for garnish (about 4 to 5 sprigs)
- 4 teaspoons organic Grade A maple syrup (or to taste)
- Place melon chunks and mint springs in stainless steel vessel and place in freezer for at least three hours.
- Remove melons and, depending on temperature in your kitchen, allow melons to thaw at room temp for 3 to 10 minutes.
- Remove mint from freezer and add mint leaves, slightly thawed melons, and syrup to food processor. Gently pulse until melons break down into a granita-like texture, making sure mixture does not become too thin. Using an ice cream scooper, scoop out granita, shape into balls, and plate. Garnish with remaining mint and enjoy immediately!