Highlight and savor summer’s tomatoes with this easy tomato jam complete with olive oil and garlic. Serve over burgers for a gourmet alternative to ketchup.
Recipe by Lynda Balslev
Summer Tomato Jam
Highlight and savor summer's tomatoes with this easy tomato jam complete with olive oil and garlic. Serve over burgers for a gourmet alternative to ketchup.
Author: Lynda Balslev
Recipe Type: Side
Serves: 2½ cups
- 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, slightly smashed but still intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally and pressing tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Discard garlic.
- Taste for seasoning and add sugar if desired. Let cool completely. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.