Highlight and savor summer’s tomatoes with this easy tomato jam complete with olive oil and garlic. Serve over burgers for a gourmet alternative to ketchup.
Recipe by Lynda Balslev
- 2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, slightly smashed but still intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic and salt in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally and pressing tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until tomatoes break down and sauce thickens, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Discard garlic.
- Taste for seasoning and add sugar if desired. Let cool completely. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 1 week.