An easy whip up of pantry staples yielding soft, rich and delicious muffins.
By Anuradha Sharma
With less than 15 minutes of preparation, these muffins were in the oven. I made a few simple changes to the original recipe – Replacing the margarine with butter and that combined with the milk and sour cream kept the muffins rich and soft. I recommend using a couple of extra oreo as a crumble on top which will give a great crunchy top to this soft and tender muffins.
- 13/4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- ? cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup margarine
- 20 crushed oreo cookies ( Plus a couple extra for the topping)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt, set aside
- In small bowl, combine milk, sour cream, and egg
- Stir the egg mixture in to the flour mixture with margarine until just blended
- Gently stir in the crushed cookies
- Spoon batter 12 greased 2½ inch muffin pan cups.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan, cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.