It’s time to break out the juicer for some refreshing quenchers. While many drink juice to start the day, end your day with a juice cocktail. With your favorite spirit gin, shook up with some fresh cucumber juice, lime and Kara’s Minty Simple Syrup you’ll be cool, crisp and zingy.
It’s time to break out the juicer for some super refreshing quenchers. While many drink juice to start the day, I enjoy a nice juicetail to end my day. With my favorite spirit gin, I shook up some fresh cucumber juice, lime and Kara’s Minty Simple Syrup. Cool, crisp and zingy.
- 2 oz Mint Simple Syrup
- ½ English Cucumber, plus 2 paper-thin slices for garnish
- 3 oz gin (Hendrick’s)
- 2 oz lime juice
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- ? c water
- 1 c chopped fresh mint leaves, plus extra whole leaves for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat ? cup of water with the ¼ cup of granulated sugar over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the fresh mint leaves. Let steep for 1 hour.
- Cut the English Cucumber into large chunks and throw it through a juicer. If you do not have a juicer, you can puree the cucumber in a blender or food processor, then push the pulp through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the cucumber juice, gin, lime juice and Minty Simple Syrup. Shake vigorously and pour over ice with a cucumber round float.