This pizza has whole wheat dough, a pesto base, and is topped with artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and fresh arugula.
By Jerri Green
I am probably the most adven-turous eater in my family. That means a couple of things -1) when I see a new recipe for a swiss chard gratin and get excited, I’m probably going to be on my own, 2) when I try to convince my family that grilled brussel sprouts are amazing, I’m gonna get silent stares, and 3) occasionally, I have to cave and give them pizza.
- 1 ball of whole wheat pizza dough
- ½ cup of pesto
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup of marinated artichoke hearts
- ¼ cup of sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup of fresh arugula
- Roll out the pizza dough and place on a stone.
- Smear pesto all over. I used my collard green pesto, but a regular basil one will do. Cover the pie in cheese.
- Top with artichokes and tomatoes.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and scatter arugula on top. Slice and serve with fresh parmesan if desired.