An easy weeknight meal to pop in the oven!
Spaghetti squash paired with a creamy, cheesy artichoke and spinach filling sounds like a perfect Meatless Monday night meal.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 4-5 pounds), halved lengthwise
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ - ¾ tsp. coarse salt, divided
- 6 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz. cream cheese (low fat or regular)
- 1 cup bagged frozen spinach, slightly thawed*
- 1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 – 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ - ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place spaghetti squash halves face down in a casserole dish. Pour about an inch of water into the bottom of the casserole dish. Bake 45-60 minutes, until squash is fork tender. Remove squash from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Drain remaining water from the casserole dish and flip squash over so the inside is facing up. Shred the spaghetti squash using a fork. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with about ¼ teaspoon salt onto both halves.
- In a bowl, mix together Greek yogurt, cream cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, Parmesan, ½ cup mozzarella, garlic, remaining ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt, ground black pepper and red pepper flakes (if using). Spoon mixture into the spaghetti squash halves. Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil on low for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Top with chopped parsley.