These Garlic and Parmesan Chickpeas are a crispy, fun snack loaded with flavor.
Full disclosure! I scarfed down half of these right out of the oven and when Roger came home he basically finished them off!
Yep! They are just that good!
Luckily it only takes a few ingredients and a few minutes to put together. Then you just have to patiently wait 30 minutes as they roast & crisp. And if patience isn’t your strong suit (don’t worry, it’s not mine either) you’ll be glad to know they are worth the wait!
Oh, and I should note that this recipe is my attempt at healthier snacking. I know there is cheese in it, but what good snack doesn’t include cheese?
It’s just so good!
And since this is a quick and easy recipe I figured it deserves a short and to the point post!
So let’s get straight to the recipe.
- 1 Can Chickpeas (15.5 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Grated Parmesan, packed
- 1 Large Clove Garlic, minced
- ½ Teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, drain, rinse, & pat dry the chickpeas removing any excess skin/peeling.
- In a small bowl stir together the chickpeas, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, ¼ cup grated parmesan, minced garlic, ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper, & ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring the chickpeas every 10 minutes.
- Let cool & enjoy!